[VIM] ZDI-10-024: Novell eDirectory SOAP Request Parsing Denial of Service Vulnerability

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Sat Apr 17 20:10:07 UTC 2010

Hi ZDI,

While trying to match the following advisory to OSVDB and CVE, I noticed
something that I have seen a few times in the past regarding the way ZDI
designates advisory IDs. I'd like to request that published ZDI advisories
be enhanced in a small way to better cross-reference information released
by ZDI. Example:

: ZDI-10-024: Novell eDirectory SOAP Request Parsing Denial of Service Vulnerability
: http://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-10-024
: March 2, 2010
: [No CVE]
: http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=7005341

I am trying to determine if this is the same as CVE-2010-0666 which links
to http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=3426981

That vendor changelog has the following entry:
EMBOX:
- Security Vulnerability: embox SOAP request causes eDirectory to core [ZDI-CAN-440]  (Bug 548503)

Since ZDI-CAN-440 has been published, it no longer appears on your
'upcoming' advisories page. Your published advisories do not reference the
previous ZDI-CAN-### designation. If ZDI could start to include that piece
of information, it would help VDBs in avoiding duplicates should they
create an entry based on an upcoming advisory.

Thanks,

Brian
OSVDB.org