[VIM] Ptag <= 4.0.0 Multiple RFI Exploit

George A. Theall theall at tenablesecurity.com
Tue Dec 22 19:45:49 UTC 2009

Exploit-DB #10562 also looks bogus to me.

One of the PoCs is:

   [Ptag_path]/lib/session.php?ptag_dir=[Shell]

cr4wl3r helpfully includes a snippet of the affected code:

   <?php
   //Plottable Tagboard Systems Version 4.0.0 - ROLAND
   //Session handling File

   require_once(ptag_dir."lib/php/crossSession.php");

Note that 'ptag_dir' isn't a variable in the PHP code, but a define so
it's not under a remote attacker's control.

I wondered if there was simply a typo in the advisory, but alas, no,
as you can see from:

   http://ptag.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ptag/trunk/ptag/lib/session.php?revision=69&view=markup

George
theall at tenablesecurity.com