[VIM] vendor coordination denied on account of "stupidity"

Steven M. Christey coley at mitre.org
Fri Sep 7 23:50:20 UTC 2007

Gotta love disclosure comments on a Friday afternoon.

from Luigi Auriemma:

  http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/archive/1/478628/100/0/threaded

  "The developer has not been contacted because he is too stupid for
   understanding a bug report:

   http://www.quakesrc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6843&start=1
  "

This thread is for an older bug report that Luigi had made, and
features the usual vendor/customer reactions to first disclosures.

Buried in the discussion is the vendor's claim that Luigi gave a hard
2-week deadline and released earlier than that deadline.  I don't know
if this is true, and if so, whether it's a common practice with Luigi,
but I don't recall seeing these kinds of critiques leveled against him
in the past.

For added simultaneous humor and depression, the vendor also calls him
a "script kiddie".