[VIM] [bogus] [ahmed_labib_hilmy at yahoo.com: CS-Cart 1.3.3 (install.php) Remote File Include Vulnerability] (fwd)

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Wed Jan 10 16:32:02 EST 2007

: > : From: ahmed_labib_hilmy at yahoo.com
: > : Subject: CS-Cart 1.3.3 (install.php) Remote File Include Vulnerability
: > : To: bugtraq at securityfocus.com
: > : Date: 9 Jan 2007 23:33:50 -0000
: >
: > Did this mail go out, or was this rejected because you noted it was a
: > bogus report? I haven't seen this come across my inbox yet.
:
: I didn't realize this hadn't gone through to bugtraq yet. It may have
: been delayed or rejected for other reasons. I'll endeavor to ensure the
: report has seen the light of day before slapping the 'bogus' sticker on
: it.

I know SF would have to decide the policy on this but..

If a bogus report comes in to Bugtraq, the moderators recognize it as
such and reject it, i'd still like to see it posted here. As long as it
was clear that the post was rejected, then it is easy to understand what
happened and still better track how many fake reports are coming in.