[VIM] Bogus RFI Reports Getting Out of Hand

Steven M. Christey coley at linus.mitre.org
Mon Jan 8 14:01:22 EST 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 bugtraq at cgisecurity.net wrote:

> Maybe you should draft up a top ten bogus vuln finders article and post
> it to the lists :) It would be interesting to see statistics regarding
> if the 'disclosure' knew it was fake, or if they thought it was real.

I've been thinking this same thing, myself, perhaps (to jump on a
bandwagon) as part of a Month of Vulnerability Information Errors (MOVIE)
;-)

Things are definitely getting out of hand.  And even if Bugtraq tries to
filter out reports from frequently erroneous researchers, they would go to
full-disclosure and we'd still have to deal with it.