[VIM] Tuesday flood

Mark J Cox mjc at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 06:13:24 EST 2007

> On a semi-related note, I breezed through some CVE stats a day or two ago
> to see which days were most popular for disclosure, overall.

For Red Hat security advisories in 2006 and date based on Eastern Time:

Sunday     0%
Monday     8%  ########
Tuesday   28%  ###########################
Wednesday 29%  ############################
Friday    11%  ###########
Saturday   1%  #

There was one issue pushed on Saturday (actually at the end of a long
Friday, 16 minutes past midnight ET to correct a critical Firefox flaw).
These stats are partially under our control: we'll hold off pushing an
advisory rated moderate or low severity even for public issues until a
Tue/Wed/Thu.  But for a critical rated public issue we'll push as soon as
the update passes QA, no matter what day or time.

Mark