[VIM] IBM changing significant details?

Steven M. Christey coley at linus.mitre.org
Fri Mar 24 03:11:03 EST 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, security curmudgeon wrote:

> I am 99% sure the APAR said 'mklvcopy'. I created the OSVDB entry within
> hours of Secunia's entry and couldn't find any more info than they had.

This is one more aspect of the provenance problem: who knew what when, and
how confident are we that they were right in the first place, and if there
was an original source, where is it and barring that, how confident are we
that the original source was interpreted correctly by a third party?  I
don't know if this kind of problem is getting more pronounced, or if I'm
just getting more sensitive to it now.