[VIM] IBM changing significant details?

Steven M. Christey coley at linus.mitre.org
Thu Mar 23 21:15:32 EST 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, security curmudgeon wrote:

> [Editor's note: This flaw was reported in other databases as affecting the
> 'mklvcopy' command and as allowing local privilege escalation, but the
> vendor's advisory does not confirm these details.]

Sounds a lot like CVE's current description, except we're a bit more terse
and just say "possibly in the mklvcopy command."

> OSVDB entry for 'mklvcopy' on 2006-03-13, and the IBM advisory was last
> modified on 2006-03-14. If memory serves, it originally said the
> 'mklvcopy' command and had vague wording, which lead to the OSVDB title of
> "AIX mklvcopy Unspecified Local Issue".

Well this adds a bit of confusion alright.  Maybe "mklvcopy" wasn't even
relevant to the issue as specified in the IBM report, so it could be an
entirely different issue.  Dunno...