[VIM] My Amazon Store Manager 1.0 - q or Keywords parameter?

Steven M. Christey coley at mitre.org
Mon Jan 23 13:52:03 EST 2006

Lovely little provenance issue for us ignorant types.

Refs:

BID:16312
FRSIRT:ADV-2006-0252
SECUNIA:18535
OSVDB:22626

Issue:

These VDBs claim that the affected parameter is "q".

I can't figure out where the VDBs got this, since there is no original
raw report.  OSVDB thankfully has an archive of the notification here:

  MISC:http://osvdb.org/ref/22/22626-my_amazon.txt

but it contains this demonstration URL:

  [hostname]musicstore/index.php?Operation=ItemSearch&Keywords="><script>alert(document.cookie)</script>&SearchIndex='

No "q" in sight.

What gives?

Name: CVE-2006-0334
Reference: MISC:http://osvdb.org/ref/22/22626-my_amazon.txt
Reference: BID:16312
Reference: URL:http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/16312
Reference: FRSIRT:ADV-2006-0252
Reference: URL:http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2006/0252
Reference: OSVDB:22626
Reference: URL:http://www.osvdb.org/22626
Reference: SECUNIA:18535
Reference: URL:http://secunia.com/advisories/18535

Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in search.php in My Amazon
Store Manager 1.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web
script or HTML via the Keywords parameter.  NOTE: some sources claim
that the affected parameter is "q", but the only public archive of the
original researcher notification shows an XSS manipulation in
"Keywords".