[VIM] amusing Linux Kernel changelog message

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Thu Jan 5 03:32:38 EST 2006

: Regardless of the amusing nature, this is something that the Linux
: distros have wanted for a while.  It's difficult to keep track of kernel
: vulns, and CVEs can help them with that.  It's good to see it slowly
: making its way into kernel changelogs.

I'd give my left arm to have it mandated that the Linux Kernel team had
to work with CVE. Their changelogs are so huge, and the notations often
hint at a potential vulnerability, but you just don't know until one of
the kernel hackers or a researcher with time can figure it out.