[VIM] Broken SecurityFocus Bugtraq links

Steven M. Christey coley at linus.mitre.org
Thu Jun 2 13:23:01 EDT 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, security curmudgeon wrote:

> When it comes to referencing mail list posts, I use neohapsis or seclists
> 99% of the time.

I use whatever's available, depending on how I come across it.  I like
theaimsgroup because their search interface is clean and quick, and the
threading is very easy to navigate.  The only problems are that long
subject lines get truncated and the search database isn't always
up-to-the-minute.

For CVE, we don't need the URL's to have year/month information in them
because the URL's are always associated with a reference that has the
post's title and date, so the CVE user already has that info.  Plus it
helps for looking up new URL's when the old ones break.

Recently, I was able to do a full search-and-replace on URL's for
full-disclosure posts when the list was moved to grok.org.uk, and I could
confirm it by checking the associated FULLDISC reference with the subject
line obtained from visiting the URL.

CVE is heavily a theaimsgroup shop, with about 60% of the Bugtraq URLs,
but we've got a good share of Neohapsis and SecurityFocus URLs too.