[VIM] discuss: secunia footnote

Sullo sullo at cirt.net
Wed Jun 1 18:12:59 EDT 2005

security curmudgeon wrote:

> Please note: The information, which this Secunia Advisory is based
> upon, comes from third party unless stated otherwise.
>
> Secunia collects, validates, and verifies all vulnerability reports
> issued by security research groups, vendors, and others.

I doubt very much that they do this in any meaningful manner. I suspect
it means more that they verify the report is (somewhat)
validated/verified, i.e., the product really exists and the report seems
"credible enough."  Very misleading, if that's the case.

--

http://www.cirt.net/      |     http://www.osvdb.org/