[sticklist] - BOT Observations

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sun Dec 30 20:06:11 UTC 2007

Greetings --

Reports are that Sam Laird '62 recently resigned from the VFMAC Board of
Trustees.  For those keeping track of such things,

Robert K. Wrede, Esq.'57...resigned Aug. 07
Jack Wyatt '57...resigned Sept. 07
John R. Rapp '74JC...resigned Oct. 07
John Flood...voted off Nov. 07
William Aichele '70C... resigned Nov/Dec 07
Samuel M. Laird '62...resigned Nov/Dec 07

Looking back through my archives: the published BOT roster for AY 2006-2007
listed 22 members of the VFMAC Board of Trustees.  Note this count does not
include the Treasurer or Secretary positions that are filled by VFMAC
employees nor the Honorary Life Trustees that do not have voting rights:

Chairman      Mr. William R. Floyd, Jr. '63
Vice Chairman     Mr. John A. Sergovic '55C
Mr.William S. Aichele '70
Mrs. Doris L. Atkins '91H
Robert A. Bacine, Esq. '60
William M. Beute, Ph.D. '63C
Frederick Breitenfeld, Jr., Ph.D. '99H
Mr. John Flood
Mr. Howard A. Forster '48
Mr. Richard A. Hocker '64
Mr. Samuel M. Laird '62
Mr. Charles A. McGeorge (President, VFMA&C)
Mr. Westley Moore '96/'98C
Mr. Conrad E. Muhly, IV '73
Mr. Michael A. Nolen '66
Mr. John R. Rapp '74C
Mr. Daniel J. Reavy '77
Mr. Ivan Sabel '63
Mr. George H. Schildge '56
Mr. Jonathan Tratt '76
Robert K. Wrede, Esq. '57
Mr. W. Jack Wyatt '57

According to the current (12/29/07) VFMAC Website, as we start 2008, the
VFMAC Board of Trustees now consists of 16 voting members, again excluding
the Treasurer and Secretary positions and the Honorary Life Trustees:

Chairman      Mr. William R. Floyd, Jr. '63
Vice Chairman     Robert A. Bacine, Esq. '60
Mrs. Doris L. Atkins '91H
William M. Beute, Ph.D. '63C
Mr. Howard A. Forster '48
Mr. Richard A. Hocker '64
Mr. Charles A. McGeorge (President, VFMA&C)
Mr. J. Kent McNew '59 / '61C
Mr. Westley Moore '96 / '98C
Mr. Conrad E. Muhly, IV '73
Mr. Michael A. Nolen '66
Mr. Daniel J. Reavy '77
Mr. Ivan Sabel '63
Mr. George H. Schildge '56
Mr. John A. Sergovic '55C
Mr. Jonathan Tratt '76

Please note that I have no additional information or explanation for what
looks to be a dramatic reduction in the number of Trustees at the school
during a relatively short period of time in late 2007. However, it's
something that, whatever the reason, should not go unnoticed.

- -Rick '90 '92C