[Nikto-discuss] Encoding (evasion) options not visible in packet captures or server logs

Sullo csullo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 23:43:40 CST 2013

Thanks for the report. I just committed a change which fixes the encoding
issue.

I also opened ticket #102 for printing. Even now, nikto will print out the
original (unmodified) URI rather than what was actually requested because
LibWhisker changes it after we've handed it off. This is a bit more
complicated fix as we have to change which value we print for every URI
(normal, debug and verbose).  So just be aware that for now it will not
*look* like it requests it with encoding, but if you check the request on
the wire it'll have it.

Regards,
Sullo

http://www.cirt.net     |      http://richsec.com/