[Nikto-discuss] Nikto HTML output

a resident.deity at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:05:35 CDT 2012

> When Nikto output is passed to Nessus via the nikto.nasl plugin, it is
> passed as plain text which is not displayed very well in Nessus. Since Nikto
> can pass output in HTML, is it possible to output HTML but just the content
> of the BODY section?

This should probably be thought out with the downstream stuff. The
reporting for HTML is designed to export to a file at the moment (I
may look at this over the next couple of weeks). So it is difficult at
the moment, but not impossible.

Although I personally would like to kill off the HTML output and use
XML + XSLT so as to reduce complexity.