[Nikto-discuss] OWASP favicon and nikto

Vlatko Kosturjak kost at linux.hr
Thu Jun 9 15:57:25 CDT 2011

Hello!

I'm not sure if you aware of the OWASP favicon project located here:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Favicon_Database_Project

In short, it is idea to have central database of favicon hashes. So,
most of open source projects can have benefit of them. Database itself
is located on the wiki:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_favicon_database
and everyone is welcomed to contribute (it's wiki!). Also, we're
trying to ease contributors in process of contributions, so we're
accepting the contributions via twitter as well (just send MD5 and
identification to @OWASPfavicon).

I would like to invite nikto to update its database from there. Also,
if there's anything the database miss - please help and add.

We're also preparing for new round of internet wide scan, so post your
ideas before it's too late! In this new scan, we plan to support
apple-touch-icon as well.

Looking forward for the partnership!
--
Vlatko Kosturjak - KoSt