[Nikto-discuss] my project

Sullo csullo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 16:01:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:03 AM, jaslina kk
<jaslinamuhammedkk at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I need to do is,
>
>         Make Nikto a LAN vulnerability scanner and it should also alert the
> network admin.

You would probably need to create a report plugin to do that... others
have asked about this, so if you write it please see if you can share
the code with the community!

> So I need to know how nikto identifies that given IP address
> is a web server?

it attempts an http GET request on the port, and if that fails, tries
to connect with SSL and issues a new GET request. If one succeeds then
it is tested, if both fail then it is assumed not to be a web server.

> How can I make nikto to scan a group of fixed IP addresses
> in the LAN?

please see the documentation on how to use nmap in conjunction with nikto:
http://cirt.net/nikto2-docs/usage.html#id254985

-Sullo

--

http://www.cirt.net     |      http://www.osvdb.org/