[Nikto-discuss] Nikto 2.1.2 released

Justin Klein Keane justin at madirish.net
Thu Jul 15 14:29:06 CDT 2010

Hello,

  I'm writing some new tests and I have a couple of questions.  Firstly
I was wondering if anyone has documentation for the format of the
db_tests file.  I can pick through the source but help would be greatly
appreciated and abet my laziness.  Also, I'm adding some new stuff to
the db_variables file and wondering if that is the best way to add new
subdirectories to search.  So far my additions to db_variables are:

@DRUPAL=/ /drupal/ /drupal5/ /drupal6/ /drupal-6.16/ /drupal-6.17/

And the new tests I added to db_tests are:

"003700","3093","23b","@DRUPALsites/default/settings.php","GET","site-specific
configuration","","","","","The Drupal settings.php file is sent in
plain text not parsed by PHP. This file may contain a database
connection string.","",""
"003701","0","23b","@DRUPALsites/all/modules/og_menu/og_menu.js","GET","Drupal.behaviors.OGMenu","","","","","Deprecated
Drupal OG Menu module with known vulnerabilities detected
(SA-CONTRIB-2010-073 - http://drupal.org/node/854402).","",""
"003702","0","23b","@DRUPALsites/all/modules/jsmath/README.txt","GET","The
jsMath script","","","","","Deprecated Drupal jsMath module with known
vulnerabilities detected (SA-CONTRIB-2010-073 -
http://drupal.org/node/854402).","",""
"003703","0","23b","@DRUPALsites/all/modules/tellafriend_node/README.txt","GET","Glenn
Gaetz","","","","","Deprecated Drupal Tell a Friend Node module with
known vulnerabilities detected (SA-CONTRIB-2010-073 -
http://drupal.org/node/854402).","",""
"003704","0","23b","@DRUPALsites/all/modules/simplegallery/simplegallery.css","GET","simplegallery-term","","","","","Deprecated
Drupal Simple Gallery module with known vulnerabilities detected
(SA-CONTRIB-2010-073 - http://drupal.org/node/854402).","",""
"003705","0","23b","@DRUPALadmin/views/ajax/autocomplete/user/a","GET","200","","","","","Drupal
Views module with known information disclosure vulnerability detected
(http://www.madirish.net/?article=465).","",""
"003706","0","23b","@DRUPALindex.php?q=admin/views/ajax/autocomplete/user/a","GET","200","","","","","Drupal
Views module with known information disclosure vulnerability detected
(http://www.madirish.net/?article=465).","",""

I'm still testing these but they seem to work pretty well.  I'm going to
try and work back through some of the recent Drupal vulnerability
reports and add checks to Nikto.  Is there a recommended way to submit
stuff back to the project?  Thanks for any feedback.

Justin C. Klein Keane
http://www.MadIrish.net

The digital signature on this message can be confirmed
using the public key at http://www.madirish.net/gpgkey