[Nikto-discuss] Unwanted authentication brute-force

Sullo csullo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:11:43 CST 2010

There was actually a bug in the auth guessing stuff that may have caused the
high number of attempts--I just fixed it a few nights ago in the trunk
version. It should be ~300 per directory (or per realm in the trunk
version).

You can disable plugins using -Plugins, such as:
-Plugins "@@DEFAULT;-auth"

That should run all the default ones except the auth testing.

See this page for more info: https://cirt.net/nikto2-docs/options.html

-Sullo

http://www.cirt.net     |      http://www.osvdb.org/