[Nikto-discuss] Nikto Not Finding Webserver

David Lodge dave at cirt.net
Wed Jan 21 17:49:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:41:37 -0000, maddaemon at gmail.com
<maddaemon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to update the ticket, but I can't seem to find a way to do that.

You need an assembla account to update tickets, as an anonymous user you
can only create them...

> The CHECKMETHODS=HEAD GET wasn't in the nikto.conf, so I added it and
> launched a scan.  It now appears that Nikto automatically detects the
> redirect to SSL, and tests both port 80 as well as 443:

Thought that was so; so I'm going to change the bug to mention that
CHECKMETHODS should have a default set (probably to nikto 2.02 - which is
HEAD). This is a lesson for me: don't change the config file without
providing warnings or a default.

> + SSL Info:        Ciphers: Unknown
>                    Info:    Unknown
>                    Subject: Unknown
> It still isn't able to get the ciphers list, but that's another issue
> entirely.

Okay; that's interesting, I can have a look at that, but I'll need the
results of a "-D d" to do that.

Thanks

dave