[Nikto-discuss] Using DirBuster lists

Andres Riancho andres.riancho at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 23:24:16 UTC 2008

Thomas,

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Thomas Raef <traef at ebasedsecurity.com> wrote:
> I was looking at including the list of directory names to check by including
> the lists from OWASP's DirBuster project.
>

> I'd like to hear reasons for and against doing such a thing.
>

> Everyone? Anyone?
>

> Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Implementing this is technically easy, but you guys have to think
about licensing also. The DirBuster lists have a Creative Commons
Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License [0] which may or may not be
compatible with the GPLv2 license of nikto.

[0] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

> Thomas J. Raef
>
> www.ebasedsecurity.com
>
> www.wewatchyourwebsite.com
>
> "We Watch Your Website because - you don't"

Andres Riancho
http://w3af.sourceforge.net/
Web Application Attack and Audit Framework