[ISN] Black Hat USA CFP opens, Europe early bird reminder, Federal news

InfoSec News isn at c4i.org
Fri Feb 3 04:28:29 EST 2006

Forwarded from: Jeff Moss <jmoss at blackhat.com>

Hello InfoSec News readers,

A bunch of announcements from Black Hat. It was easier to bundle them
all
together instead of send them out bit by bit, so everything from
Black
Hat Federal coverage to the CFP opening for the summer USA conference
is
included. Here we go!

Black Hat Europe 2006 Final Reminder:
Speaker selection for Black Hat Europe 2006 has been finalized. This
is
our sixth conference in Amsterdam, and we have an impressive line up.
Register now and save - our early bird rate closes February 8.
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-europe-06/bh-eu-06-speakers.html

Black Hat Europe 2006 Discount Book Offer:
BreakPoint Books, our official bookseller is currently taking
pre-orders
of select titles for 15% off the suggested retail price which can be
picked
up at the conference. Orders must be placed by February 8, 2006.
Download
order form:
http://www.blackhat.com/images/bh-europe-06/bh-eu-06-ad.pdf

Black Hat USA 2006 Call for Papers opens!
The Black Hat USA 2006 Call for Papers opens February 1. Don't
hesitate
to submit your presentations. Unleash you best kung-fu for the
greatest
chance of being selected.
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-06/bh-usa-06-cfp.html

Black Hat USA 2006 Hotel:
Reserve your hotel early. The Black Hat room block at Caesars Palace
is
now accepting reservations. The block has sold out 6 weeks prior to
the
start of the show the last few years, so please make your room
arrangements early. Reservations must be made directly through
Caesars:
http://www.caesars.com/reservations/main.aspx?hotelid=14&specialgroupc
ode=SCBL06

Black Hat Federal 06 presentations now on-line:
The presentations from the Black Hat Federal '06 show are currently
on-line. In addition to PDFs, appropriate source code and white
papers
are also present.
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-media-archives/bh-archives-2006.html#f
ederal

Black Hat Federal 2006 news:
Black Hat Federal generated a large amount of interest from the
press and blog world. The presentations were more paranoid in nature,
dealing with topics from root kits to reverse engineering and
physical
memory forensics. Read the stories at Slashdot, Washington Post,
SecurityFocus, the Register, Government Computer News, and others.
* http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/01/27/1327228
* http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/118
*
http://blogs.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2006/01/a_letter_from_b.ht
ml
* http://www.gcn.com/vol1_no1/daily-updates/38107-1.html
* http://www.gcn.com/vol1_no1/daily-updates/38098-1.html
*
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/30/good_worms_nematodes_blackhatc
onference/
* http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/#113839241238734087

We carry links to these and more on our RSS feed.
http://www.blackhat.com/BlackHatRSS.xml

Thanks everyone,
Jeff Moss