[Infowarrior] - Update on Twitter’s Review of the 2016 U.S. Election

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Jan 20 08:47:56 CST 2018

Update on Twitter’s Review of the 2016 U.S. Election

When we appeared before the United States Congress last fall, Twitter publicly committed to regularly updating both congressional committees and the public on findings from our ongoing review into events surrounding the 2016 U.S. election.

Twitter is committed to providing a platform that fosters healthy civic discourse and democratic debate.  We have been cooperating with congressional investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. We have committed to be as transparent as possible about sharing what we have learned through our retroactive investigation into activity related to the election.

Since we presented our findings to Congress last fall, we have updated our analysis and continue to look for patterns and signals in data. Today, we are sharing an update on several aspects of that ongoing work, as well as steps we are taking to continue to make progress against potential manipulation of our platform.

< - >

https://blog.twitter.com/official/en_us/topics/company/2018/2016-election-update.html