[Infowarrior] - Apple2fpga: Reconstructing an Apple II+ on an FPGA

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Oct 10 12:42:21 CDT 2017

Apple2fpga: Reconstructing an Apple II+ on an FPGA
Stephen A. Edwards
Columbia University

As a Christmas present to myself in 2007, I implemented an 1980s-era Apple II+ in VHDL to run on an Altera DE2 FPGA board. The point, aside from entertainment, was to illustrate the power (or rather, low power) of modern FPGAs. Put another way, what made Steve Jobs his first million can now be a class project for my 4840 embedded systems class.

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~sedwards/apple2fpga/