[Infowarrior] - RIP Howard Schmidt

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Mar 2 15:30:12 CST 2017

I just heard via a friend in DC that security pro Howard Schmidt passed away today.  For those that knew him, Howard was one of the infosec community's elders with a long history in government, military, and private sector infosec and computer crimes experience, to include serving as a security czar at both the White House and at Microsoft.   I knew him dating back to the mid-90s when he served as a mentor to me when I began doing computer crimes work in DC a few years after college.  --rick