[Infowarrior] - DOJ warns against believing anonymous sources

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Jun 16 06:06:08 CDT 2017

DOJ essentially saying to the American people, "don't trust anonymous media sources unless we're given some information about how to find them."  HUH??  I can't help wonder if this is a vague response to Wed's WaPo report on the obstruction of justice story, or if the DOJ is being asked to get in front of something else that might be coming out soon.

Justice Dept. issues warning against believing anonymous sources
By John Bowden - 06/15/17 11:12 PM EDT

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338084-justice-dept-issues-statement-warning-against-believing-anonymous

Were I a journalist, I'd simply say "Multiple American citizens in DC have said that....."   -- there, I'd be following this goofy plea/guidance. Happy yet?)

-- rick