[Infowarrior] - POTUS on election meddling: 'Nobody really knows for sure'

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Jul 6 06:42:42 CDT 2017

I see Tweety Amin is in the running for the most moronic waffling deflection couldnt-care-less non-answer of the year award.  Because, winning.

"Nobody really knows for sure" -- and of course, POTUS isn't the least bit interested in finding out.   By that logic, a person could have dementia, but "nobody really knows" unless they care enough to visit a doctor and get external, informed, objective, data-driven assessments.    -- rick

Trump on election meddling: 'Nobody really knows for sure'

By Rebecca Savransky - 07/06/17 06:02 AM EDT 300

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/340780-trump-real-question-is-why-obama-did-nothing-about-meddling

President Trump said in Poland on Thursday that he thinks Russia and "people in other countries" likely meddled in the 2016 presidential race, but "nobody really knows."

"I think it was Russia and I think it could have been other people in other countries," Trump said during a joint press conference with Polish President Andrzej Duda.

"It could have been a lot of people interfered."

Trump reiterated during the news conference that he thinks it "could very well have been Russia."
"But I think it could well have been other countries and I won't be specific but I think a lot of people interfere," he said.

When pressed further, Trump stood by his answer.

"I think it was Russia but I think it was probably other people and/or countries, and I see nothing wrong with that statement," he said.

"Nobody really knows," he added. "Nobody really knows for sure."

"It was Russia and I think it was probably others also and that's been going on for a long period of time."

Trump also blasted former President Obama for his response to the Russian meddling.

"Barack Obama, when he was president, found out about this, in terms of if it were Russia, found out about it in August," Trump said.

"Now, the election was in November. That's a lot of time. He did nothing about it."

Trump questioned why the former president did nothing.

"They say he choked. Well, I don't think he choked. I think what happened is he thought Hillary Clinton was going to win the election," Trump said.

"And he said, lets not do anything about it. Had he thought the other way, he would have done something about it," he continued.

"So that's the real question is why did he do nothing form August all the way to November and why did he do nothing. His people said he choked. I don't think he choked."

Trump in the past has decried the investigation into the Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential race and possible collusion between his campaign and Moscow, calling the probe a "witch hunt."