[Infowarrior] - The Privacy Enthusiast's Guide to Using Android

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Feb 16 11:07:51 CST 2017

The Privacy Enthusiast's Guide to Using Android
Eric Ravenscraft
49 minutes ago

With everyone from local scammers to government agencies trying to get hands on your data, there’s never been a better time to beef up your privacy game. Fortunately, there are a ton of options out there to keep your messages, files, and phone safe on Android.

Before we begin, we should point this out: using a smartphone is always going to be a risk. Especially one running services from Google. You can use these tips and apps to protect some of your communication, but you’re never going to be totally off the grid as long as you’re using an Android phone. That doesn’t mean you have to make it easy on an attacker, though.

< - >

http://lifehacker.com/the-privacy-enthusiasts-guide-to-using-android-1792432725