[Infowarrior] - Happy Holidays, list!

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Dec 21 11:50:04 CST 2017

Sending my traditional holiday greeting to the list.... --rick

The video is worth watching, for full effect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7EL3_xL9s

Bernard: Before you go home for the holidays, Minister, Sir Humphrey has
something to say to you.

Sir Humphrey: Minister, Just one thing. I wonder if I might crave your
momentary indulgence in order to discharge a, by-no-means disagreeable
obligation, which is over the years become more-or-less, an established
practice within government circles, as we approach the terminal period of
the year, calendar of-course not financial. In fact not to put a too fine a
point on it, week 51, and submit to you, with all appropriate deference for
your consideration at a convenient juncture, a sincere and sanguine
expectation and indeed confidence. Indeed one might go so far to say, hope,
that the aforementioned period may be, at the end of the day, when all
relevant factors have been taken into consideration, susceptible of being
deemed to be such as, to merit the final verdict of having been, by-no-means
unsatisfactory in it¹s overall outcome and in the final analysis to give
grounds for being judged, on mature reflection to have been conducive to
generating a degree of gratification, which will be seen in retrospect to
have been significantly higher than the general average.

[ crosstalk ]

Jim Hacker: Humphrey, are you saying Happy Christmas?

Sir Humphrey [shocked]: Yes Minister!

(Ganked from one of my favorite sitcom series of the 1980s that ran on BBC
--- "Yes (Prime) Minister.")