[Infowarrior] - Fox News commentator who feds say faked a CIA career sentenced to 33 months in prison

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Jul 15 14:33:52 CDT 2016

Fox News commentator who feds say faked a CIA career sentenced to 33 months in prison

http://www.facebook.com/rachel.elise.weiner

Wayne Simmons was a professional football player, a drug trafficker, an Iranian nightclub doorman, a Fox News guest analyst and an intelligence adviser in Afghanistan.

What Simmons , 62, was not, according to all available evidence, was a CIA agent. In federal court in Virginia Friday, just before he was sentenced to 33 months in prison, he apologized for lying about his security clearance, his criminal history and his finances.

“There is not a day that goes by that I am not haunted by these mistakes,” Simmons said. “I stand before you a shameful and broken man.”

But Simmons, who wore a blue suit and an American flag lapel pin, did not back down on his claims that he spent 27 years as an agency operative doing work so dangerous and secretive that it went entirely unrecorded. He said Friday that he lied his way into military contractor work to make use of a “special skill set” he implied was acquired undercover.

Judge T.S. Ellis III was unconvinced.

< - >

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/fox-news-analyst-still-wont-admit-he-was-not-in-cia/2016/07/14/eb61b5e4-478e-11e6-bdb9-701687974517_story.html

--