[Infowarrior] - RIP Kagi 1994-2016

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Aug 9 09:25:48 CDT 2016

http://kagi.com/

It is with sadness that we announce Kagi has ceased operations as of July 31st, 2016.

For any product support issues, please contact the product developer directly.

All final financial distributions are being managed by a third party. They will contact you via your primary Kagi email on August 31st, 2016 from this email address: do_not_reply at kagi.com. Please whitelist this email address in your spam filters.

The final monthly data files will be transferred to product suppliers by August 20th, 2016.

Per the Kagi privacy policy, customer data connected to the purchase of a product is shared with the supplier of that product so that they can provide product support. The database of customer data will not be sold or transferred to a third party.

For the past ten years Kagi has been struggling to recover from financial losses due to a supplier fraud situation. We have reduced the debt but the recovery has failed and forced us to close.

--
It's better to burn out than fade away.