[Infowarrior] - Jericho on 'Compassion Fatigue'

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Sep 26 17:07:02 CDT 2015

Compassion Fatigue in an industry largely devoid of compassion.

September 26, 2015 by jerichoattrition in InfoSec and tagged Psychology

A few days ago, Schneier actually wrote a slightly interesting piece for Fusion. I say that with surprise because most of his articles are engaging and well-written, but he rarely shares new ideas or concepts. Most of my professional circle is already very familiar with a given topic, and Schneier largely enjoys a reputation for his insight because he has a considerable following and they read about it there first. In this case, it wasn’t so much that Schneier’s piece was new information (he did quote and cite a 1989 reference on the topic that was new to me), it was that he flirted with a much more interesting topic that is somewhat aligned with his point.

< - >

https://jerichoattrition.wordpress.com/2015/09/26/compassion-fatigue-in-an-industry-largely-devoid-of-compassion/

--
It's better to burn out than fade away.