[Infowarrior] - GCHQ defines "irony" in security advice

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Sep 11 07:01:45 CDT 2015

GCHQ recommending users NOT change passwords regularly, yet offers no real evidence supporting this idea other than some basic thoughts.  While I agree that password aging is a moronic approach that causes more problems for users and techies alike (and the only time I've ever written down a password!) one can't help wonder if this recommendation was originally titled "Help Make Spying Easier."

(I do, however, agree w/the other recommendations, though)

Document @ https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/458857/Password_guidance_-_simplifying_your_approach.pdf

--
It's better to burn out than fade away.