[Infowarrior] - Comcast Experiencing Outages Nationwide

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Jun 23 14:39:33 CDT 2015

Comcast Experiencing Outages Nationwide

By Derek ForrestJune 23, 2015 11:30 AM - Source: Tom's Hardware US

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/comcast-outages-nationwide,29434.html

Comcast is experiencing outages across the country, making for a bad day for many.

Like most enthusiast gamers, I started my day excited as a child on Christmas morning, about to open a highly anticipated gift in the form of Batman: Arkham Knight. I'd downloaded my game-ready driver, the game itself, poured a cup of java and hit the streets of Arkham City as the world's greatest detective. Sheer bliss would ensue. Except that was not the case for me and many other Comcast customers today, as nationwide service outages are being reported from the worst-rated customer service ISP in the country.

After troubleshooting all the normal avenues and discovering that indeed, there was no Internet, my first instinct was to call every friend I have in search of a working connection. As I called more and more friends, reaching as far as sixty miles away, it became apparent that this was not just "my service area" as Comcast customer service had told me.

Working off of my smartphone, I logged into my customer support page to see exactly how far-reaching this problem was, somehow feeling as though perhaps with my luck, this was just an isolated case and that perhaps the outage just in my home state. As the outage map image loaded, it was apparent that I wasn't alone.

Yikes.All we know for sure is that yes, there is a problem. A serious, serious problem. Comcast would not comment on the cause of the outages, and its original estimates of service restoration have come and gone. Without any further information, one has to guess at what the problem could be, but this writer's prevailing theory is that Batman broke the Internet.

We will update this article with more information as it is made available.

--
It's better to burn out than fade away.