[Infowarrior] - Sling TV is here....

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Jan 31 18:45:28 CST 2015

Just got my SlingTV advance-registration code (signed up a few weeks back), signed up 5 minutes later, and currently flipping between live ESPN and CNN via my Roku 3. So far, it’s looking pretty decent. While there are other channels included in the base package, $20/mo for live streaming ESPN and (if needed) CNN is well worth it to me — especially if the ESPN feed is run better than the one sent to the WatchESPN app!

Presuming the public launch goes well and service quality is maintained, I suspect cablecos are going to see a wave of video cancellations in February.

--
It's better to burn out than fade away.