[Infowarrior] - Australian PM: Social Media Is Like Electronic Graffiti

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sun Feb 1 09:27:07 CST 2015

Australian Prime Minister: Social Media Is Like Electronic Graffiti

from the accelerated-and-intense dept

Here on Techdirt we've been reporting on a depressing stream of really bad legislative proposals coming out of Australia concerning copyright and surveillance. Much of this seems born of ignorance: some senior ministers clearly do not understand how the Internet works. Sadly, that includes Tony Abbott, Australia's Prime Minister, as this report in The Age indicates:

"I'll leave social media to its own devices. Social media is kind of like electronic graffiti and I think that in the media, you make a big mistake to pay too much attention to social media," Mr Abbott said on Australia Day. "You wouldn't report what's sprayed up on the walls of buildings."

< -- >

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150126/04360829813/australian-prime-minister-social-media-is-like-electronic-graffiti.shtml

--
It's better to burn out than fade away.