[Infowarrior] - Comcast Denies Allegations of Tor Crackdown

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Sep 15 16:13:10 CDT 2014

Comcast Denies Allegations of Tor Crackdown: Users Should Continue to Report any Non-Neutral Activity
https://www.eff.org//deeplinks/2014/09/comcast-denies-allegations-tor-crackdown-users-should-continue-report-any-non

< - >

This morning Comcast issued a statement denying that the ISP is blocking Tor and denying that there is any record of exchanges between Comcast and Tor users. The Vice President went as far as to say that he also uses Tor at times, adding, “Comcast doesn’t monitor our customer’s browser software, web surfing or online history.”

But considering the fact that Comcast hasn’t always been completely transparent about its network practices, we still invite Internet users to contact us if they’ve been discouraged from using Tor by any Internet service provider. To do so, please email info at eff.org to share your story.