[Infowarrior] - Regarding Mozilla's Google-Yahoo switch...

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Nov 20 06:24:42 CST 2014

Reading Mozilla's blog about the switch from GOOG-YHOO for default search, the last bullet point leaves open some interesting questions about the reason for the switch:

"We will now focus on expanding our work with motivated partners to explore innovative new search interfaces, content experiences, and privacy enhancements across desktop and mobile."

(https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/11/19/promoting-choice-and-innovation-on-the-web/)

... one can interpret that to mean that GOOG was not interested in working with Mozilla anymore or reluctant to make changes to its capability (or practices) that were aligned with Mozilla's plans for the browser?