[Infowarrior] - My thoughts on yesterday's PCLOB privacy hearing

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Nov 13 15:42:07 CST 2014

PCLOB: Defining Privacy Interests, 1/2

By Richard Forno on November 12, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Today I am attending the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board hearing on "Defining Privacy" here in Washington, DC.  Four sessions are planned for the day, as outlined on the PCLOB agenda, however due to a schedule conflict, I only anticipate being able to attend 2 or 3 of them, but will provide brief summaries of their salient points.

Before moving into the day's events, I commend the PCLOB for assembling robust panels of technologists, lawyers, academics, and government representatives.  Far too many of these DC events are staffed with political folks, lobbyists, or those simply there to regurgitate their own turf's dogmatic talking points.  But the four panels of the day look to be a responsible balance of perspectives, organizations, and professional backgrounds that hopefully will provide meaningful content to the public discussion of this most timely and critical issue.

< - >

http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/blog/2014/11/pclob-defining-privacy-interests-12

.. and part 2 …

http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/blog/2014/11/pclob-defining-privacy-interests-22