[Infowarrior] - all keystrokes in a Google doc can be played like a movie

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Nov 7 07:33:19 CST 2014

(c/o DG ... should be obvious to securitygeeks, but probably not-so-much to everyone else)

[ what a lovely covert channel ]

http://features.jsomers.net/how-i-reverse-engineered-google-docs/

  If you've ever typed anything into a Google Doc, you can now
  play it back as if it were a movie -- like traveling through
  time to look over your own shoulder as you write.

  This is possible because every document written in Google Docs
  since about May 2010 has a revision history that tracks every
  change, by every user, with timestamps accurate to the microsecond;
  these histories are available to anyone with "Edit" permissions;
  and I have written a piece of software that can find, decode,
  and rebuild the history for any given document.