[Infowarrior] - OT: RIP Brittany Maynard, 29

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Nov 3 05:58:41 CST 2014

Dogma is incompatible with dignity, but so too (generally) are religion and politics in the western world. I hope this revitalizes the movement to get more such laws passed.  And yes, I did contribute to the foundation last month.    --- rick

Brittany Maynard, as promised, ends her life at 29

By Lindsey Bever November 2 at 10:41 PM

Brittany Maynard, the terminally-ill 29-year-old who spent her final days advocating for death-with-dignity laws, took lethal drugs prescribed by her physician on Saturday and died, a spokesman said, “as she intended — peacefully in her bedroom, in the arms of her loved ones.”

Maynard, who was diagnosed earlier this year with a stage 4 malignant brain tumor, said last month she planned to die Nov. 1 in her home in Portland, Ore., with help from her doctor. And Saturday, she said farewell.

< - >

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/11/02/brittany-maynard-as-promised-ends-her-life-at-29/?tid=hp_mm