[Infowarrior] - 'CSI: Cyber' coming to TV

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat May 10 10:03:08 CDT 2014

Apparently CBS has greenlighted another CSI spin-off called "CSI: Cyber” …. I eagerly await the hideous stereotypes and insane geekish magic that we all know represents the reality of cyber investigations and capabilities.   /sarcasm   —rick

< - >

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/csi-cyber-spinoff-picked-up-to-series/

"Written-executive produced by the CSI team of Carol Mendelsohn, Anthony Zuiker and Ann Donahue, CSI: Cyber stars Patricia Arquette as Avery Ryan, Special Agent in Charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA, who is tasked with solving major crimes that start in the mind, live online, and play out into the real world. The planted spinoff aired recently as an episode of CSI to a great response. It is a departure from the forensic DNA of the CSI franchise and is darker as it focuses on cyber crime.  Another CSI veteran, former CSI: NY showrunner Pam Veasey, is expected to run the new series. Mendelsohn will continue to be in charge of the mothership series as she has been since the beginning. The pickup marks Arquette’s return to primetime at the network where she last starred in Medium."