[Infowarrior] - Reminder of the New Normal(tm)

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Jan 22 07:39:36 CST 2014

A long, but very useful (and depressing) reminder of the New Normal and how/why it remains.   While I agree many of these concepts were around long before 9/11, that incident - and the ensuing 'changes' in the name of 'security' - is an excellent case study on how fear is used to cow a populace into remaining irrationally fearful and going along with pretty much anything their politicians propose to 'protect' them.   (BTW, do not get turned off by the Nazi references and historical political philosophers cited.)

“If You Are Scared, [the Terrorists] Win. If You Refuse To Be Scared, They Lose”
by Washingtons Blog - January 22nd, 2014, 1:30am

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2014/01/if-you-are-scared-the-terrorists-win-if-you-refuse-to-be-scared-they-lose/