[Infowarrior] - Unintended consequence of the security culture

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Feb 20 07:25:54 CST 2014

Interesting irony:  Since 9/11 gorvernment security departments have facilitated a nationwide culture of FOTSOU (Fear of The Strange or Unknown) and clueless risk aversion which then leads organisations to implement measures to try and counter/prevent as many real, perceived, probable, or 'possible' threats as they can. Then, once all that's in place, the government says to first responders, "oh by the way, those very same security measures (which of course we supported people taking) may prevent you as emergency responders from reaching them during an actual incident. "  *facepalm*

There's got to be something we can acquire that strikes that necessary balance in this situation. I'm thinking uniformed unicorns armed with magic wands as tusks.    ---rick

DHS-FBI-NCTC Bulletin: Building Security Measures May Hinder Emergency Response Efforts
http://publicintelligence.net/dhs-fbi-nctc-security-measures-response/