[Infowarrior] - Green: On the new Snowden documents

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Dec 30 07:07:03 CST 2014

(good tech analysis from a JHU crypto professor.  --rick)

On the new Snowden documents
http://blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2014/12/on-new-snowden-documents.html

If you don't follow NSA news obsessively, you might have missed yesterday’s massive Snowden document dump from Der Spiegel. The documents provide a great deal of insight into how the NSA breaks our cryptographic systems. I was very lightly involved in looking at some of this material, so I'm glad to see that it's been published (i.e., I can now stop looking over my shoulder).

Unfortunately with so much material, it can be a bit hard to separate the signal from the noise. In this post I’m going to try to do that a little bit -- point out the bits that I think are interesting, the parts that are old news, and the things we should keep an eye on.

< -- >