[Infowarrior] - Sony releasing 'Interview' on 12/25

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Dec 23 11:03:33 CST 2014

Of course -- now that it's ginned up a firestorm of controversy and free publicity.  --rick

Update at 10:48 a.m.: From Tim League, founder of the Alamo Drafthouse: “Sony has authorized screenings of THE INTERVIEW on Christmas Day. We are making shows available within the hour.” He just tweeted that, along with “#Victory.”

Sources confirm his tweet: Sony is going to make it available to theaters at a reduced rental rate, as well as make it available on a streaming service (not yet named) and video on demand by Christmas......

< - >

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com/2014/12/sources-sony-to-ask-theaters-if-they-want-to-open-the-interview-christmas-day-after-all.html/