[Infowarrior] - DiFi plays the 9/11 card to justify surveillance

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Oct 15 09:15:20 CDT 2013

Dianne Feinstein Plays The 9/11 Card For Why The NSA Should Keep Spying On Every American

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20131014/12095624868/dianne-feinstein-plays-911-card-why-nsa-should-keep-spying-every-american.shtml

from the because-FEAR! dept

Given that others in the intelligence community have played the 9/11 card repeatedly, it really was only a matter of time until co-dependent "oversight" boss Senator Dianne Feinstein decided to trot out the same clearly bogus claptrap. She's now done so in a Wall Street Journal op-ed (behind the paywall, but if you Google it, you can read it), which makes arguments that are simply not true.

< - >

t seems to me that the "lesson of 9/11" is that blatantly dishonest politicians will call out to 9/11 when it's been proven that they realize they have no actual argument for supporting the surveillance state and clear violations of the 4th Amendment.