[Infowarrior] - Janet Napolitano has no use for email

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Mar 26 13:18:40 CDT 2013

....then IMHO she is not qualified to speak as an 'expert' or 'thought leader' on any matters of cybersecurity, privacy, or tech policies.  --rick

Janet Napolitano has no use for email
By KATIE GLUECK | 3/26/13 10:11 AM EDT Updated: 3/26/13 10:59 AM EDT
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano doesn’t believe in using email.

“I think email just sucks up time,” Napolitano told an incredulous group of reporters on Tuesday, speaking at a breakfast hosted by The Christian Science Monitor.

Napolitano, who said she doesn’t text or “Twitter” either, said she may use email “at some point,” but right now, it’s not in the cards.

“In many respects, in a job like mine, it’s inefficient,” Napolitano said, noting that she is briefed by staff frequently and prefers to use the phone for much of her work. “I stopped using email when I was attorney general of Arizona. I was like, ‘Why am I spending my time scrolling through this?’”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/janet-napolitano-email-89317.html#ixzz2OffhN4Ij