[Infowarrior] - How the NSA is helping companies fight Chinese hackers without any information sharing law

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Mar 8 17:29:11 CST 2013

(c/o ferg)

How the NSA is helping companies fight Chinese hackers without any information sharing law

by Jerry Brito on March 8, 2013 · Add a Comment

Marc Ambinder has some phenomenal reporting in Foreign Policy today about how the NSA assists companies that are the victims of (usually Chinese) cyberespionage. It is a must read.

One thing we learn: “Cyber-warfare directed against American companies is reducing the gross domestic product by as much as $100 billion per year, according to a recent National Intelligence Estimate.” That is just slightly more than half a percent of GDP, which puts the scope of the threat in perspective.

The most interesting thing, though, is this:

< -- >

http://techliberation.com/2013/03/08/how-the-nsa-is-helping-companies-fight-chinese-hackers-without-any-information-sharing-law/