[Infowarrior] - Anonymous does an "NSA documents leak"

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Jun 7 07:16:13 CDT 2013

(Note: There is nothing revealing in them and nothing related to this week's disclosures.  Mostly about DOD internal network architecture planning for the future   Nothing classified, and FWIW saying I've even seen many of 'em before on the internet.  --rick)

Anonymous turns the tables on the NSA with a documents leak

Gander takes on goose
By Dave Neal
Fri Jun 07 2013, 11:40

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2273515/anonymous-turns-the-tables-on-the-nsa-with-a-documents-leak

HACKTIVISTS with Anonymous have leaked information from the US National Security Agency (NSA) in the wake of the revelation that it has been collecting telecoms company customers' data.

We learned just yesterday that a secret court authorisation from April gave the NSA access to communications data from Verizon and, along with many other people, we reeled in shock at the news. Since then we have heard that it's not only Verizon, and that the NSA also has unrestricted access to data held by nine of the big internet companies, including Apple, Microsoft and Google.

"It's outrageous that the government conspired with Verizon to monitor millions of American phone calls," said the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) yesterday. "Congress must investigate immediately and disclose its findings to the public."

Whatever Congress is or is not doing, people representing the Anonymous hacktivist collective have already acted, and in a tit for tat exchange have shown the NSA that they too can grab information.

"Greetings Netizens, and Citizens of the world. Anonymous has obtained some documents that 'they' do not want you to see, and much to 'their' chagrin, we have found them, and are giving them to you," said a release posted to the Pastebin website.

"These documents prove that the NSA is spying on you, and not just Americans. They are spying on the citizens of over 35 different countries. We bring this to you, So that you know just how little rights you have. Your privacy and freedoms are slowly being taken from you, in closed door meetings, in laws buried in bills, and by people who are supposed to be protecting you."

The statement claims that a "juicy" cache of material is available. µ